
After getting conflicting reports today from my "new" and "old" lawyers, I was finally able to confirm that I was kicked out of PGN last week for "an illegible birth certificate" and was then re-submitted to PGN on February 13th. The interesting thing about all of this is that I KNEW I was waiting to get kicked out, but for some reason both the new and old lawyers seemed surprised by this development. I just don't get it. A place that kicks people out for missing accent marks would never let me get through with a mistaken borth certificate. So, I was releived to find today that I have already been kicked out and re-submitted. The email from
my new lawyers was pretty funny - they were apologizing and saying they were sorry about the kick out but that it
turned out well, as the reviewing lawyer I was assigned to is "very human and a speedy one." I think their phrasing on things is HILARIOUS. They said he is a kind man and they expect for me to be approved by him by the end of the week and then onto the higher levels of approval (where I got booted out most recently).
my new lawyers was pretty funny - they were apologizing and saying they were sorry about the kick out but that it
turned out well, as the reviewing lawyer I was assigned to is "very human and a speedy one." I think their phrasing on things is HILARIOUS. They said he is a kind man and they expect for me to be approved by him by the end of the week and then onto the higher levels of approval (where I got booted out most recently). 
This has really boosted by hope that I can have her home by her first birthday. We had already booked the rooms at the hotel to be there on her
birthday as it is Mother's Day weekend and fills up quickly. I really hope that is one trip we can cancel! The way I figure it if I can be out of PGN by the first week of April then I should be able to have her home by her b day. The kicker is that the first week of April is Semana Santa (Holy Week) when everything across Latin America shuts down. So...I need to be out and approved by PGN in the next 5 weeks.
birthday as it is Mother's Day weekend and fills up quickly. I really hope that is one trip we can cancel! The way I figure it if I can be out of PGN by the first week of April then I should be able to have her home by her b day. The kicker is that the first week of April is Semana Santa (Holy Week) when everything across Latin America shuts down. So...I need to be out and approved by PGN in the next 5 weeks. 
Soooo...specific prayer requests:
1) That the reviewer I have been assigned to be as speedy and kind as his reputation and that he approves me this week.
2) That the subsequent one or two reviewers (the last one being Senor Barrios the Director) review AND approve my file quickly so that I can be OUT before Semana Santa (first week of April).
3) That Lilly continue to thrive in her environment and continue to retain memories of me to make her transition easier.
4) To continue to thank God for the incredible foster family of Amarilis and Michelle and the love, compassion and grace they continue to give to me and my daughter.

1 comment:
Sending many prayers out to you and Lily! Oh my gosh is she cute!!!
Post a Comment