Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lilly's Baptism Weekend!











We had the most amazing weekend! Lilly was baptized at my church on Sunday, and so many dear friends and family members helped mark the special day. Enjoy the pictures!!! Jackson quickly became known as "Mr. Green Jeans." The two of them had that church wrapped around their fingers in about 5 seconds. Special thanks to the dear souls who are now Lilly's Godparents: Farzana, Maren, Christine & Andrew.
It was a perfect day...even better than I had dreamed of...and I had been dreaming of it for a long time! You can tell...Lilly REALLY wanted to get baptized...here she is practically climbing in the baptismal font!

OK - so this last picture isn't on the same angelic theme...this is the night before her baptism, and a large group of us went out to a nice dinner. Lilly INSISTED on wearing her hot pink cowgirl boots...and heck, it was her party, so this is the result. Naturally, she charmed everyone at the restaurant.



Finally, on a different note....CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Jenny! After almost 2 years of waiting, she FINALLY received her referral from China on Monday! Another single mom adopting like me, Jenny (who works at the same hospital Kendra and I do) started this journey before me and has been supportive of me through my ups and downs. I couldn't be happier for her...Abby is a lucky little girl to get such a good mommy!http://www.waiting4abby.blogspot.com/ I am trying to link to her blog, but my tech skills are limited, so you will undertand if I do it wrong and you end up in some random blog!


2 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Thank you Carrie! Lily looks beautiful too :) I need to know where you found her dress :)

mkimura said...

I am so happy for you and Lilly. She looked beautiful for her baptism.

Brad and I also really cannot get over her supercool peacock costume. Where did you find it?!

Mary