...and I thought those 3 years of Latin would never pay off!!! (Translation: I am really, REALLY sorry!)
I know I have been MIA for a long time now. And, many of you have called me on my disapperance (it always surprises me how many people seem to actually be reading my random musings). So...I apologize for my hiatus, and I hope to get everyone caught up. This first pic is from brunch on Father's Day...and I just love this picture! I can't decide who is more enchanted with who!
Its been a busy month...Lilly, unfortunately, has ended her 6 month healthy streak. We went from January to late June w/ no doctor visits. But, then in the past three weeks: strep throat, ER visit for stitches on her head (scroll down for the story), doc visit to get stitches out, and now some sort of UTI or other issue (we had one visit last week, and go back again tomorrow).
Part of the reason I stopped blogging was that the small ac unit that cools my upstairs (where my computer is) had broken...making it WAY TOO HOT to think about using the computer. But, now the old gal is working (and I mean OLD...the ac repair guy said it was installed in 1987 - the same year he started his career.) I was releaved to hear he had seen the model before. I guess it goes without saying that it isn't exactly up to today's energy star standards...but I am trying to make it to winter before replacing it.
OK...story on the stitches....it was 4th of July and Lilly and I had gotten up to "run" a local 5K (we didn't come in last out of the 900+ people...but it was pretty close).
When we came home, Lilly was all excited & ran into the kitchen, promptly tripped on her own feet, and slid face first into an air conditioning vent on the floor of the kitchen. There was blood EVERYWHERE. It took me a minute to realize she hadn't actually cut her eye because the blood was flowing into her eye and then looked like she was crying blood. yikes. But, I got the gushing to stop, found the cut above her eyebrow and tried to hold pressure. After hemming & hawing about whether or not to take her for stitches...I decided to take her in. I just couldn't hold her down to really clean it out, and I knew that since it was the 4th, I needed to get there as early as possible. Amazingly...we were in & out of the ER in about an hour and a half. Good thing we went, as the gash turned out to be really deep...and continued to bleed even after the 2 stitches.
She came back, slept for an hour or so, and then woke up (pillow case covered in blood) and only wanted Jackson. And, actually, that worked well, since Jackson was in teh back yard waiting for her to wake up so the 2 of them could be in the local parade. She rallied back and they won a blue ribbon in the "float" category (who knew there was a float category?!?!?!?). RIght after all the company left, the power went out. I got her to bed at 8, and I was asleep in my bed by 8:15. When the power came back on in the middle of the night, I got up, turned off lights, and went back to bed. We were exhausted!!! Her stitches are now out and the scar is fading.

No comments:
Post a Comment