So while most people think of today as Earth Day, at Lilly's school it was Crazy Hat Day...as part of "Week of the Young Child." We spent last night looking through her hats and trying on options... she then tried on some cinderella-esque slippers that she had gotten for Christmas. She loved it until she tried to walk...WHOA! She said she likes the bows but now how it hurts. A girl after my own heart. She also wanted to wear her butterfly wings and Guatemala hat. Fabulous! Then she ditched the shoes, wings and hat and changed into her (formerly my) superhero cape (circa 1977) and did some sort of dance...more fab!Then today she decided on a different hat at the last minute...and when Mae Mae picked her up we got some fun pics in the back yard.
I am the lucky single mama to my amazing daughter Lilly, who I adopted from Guatemala at 1 year old. Follow our journey as I figure out parenthood and seek this illusive thing called sanity! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment