Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prayers for Haiti...

Please take a moment to pray for Haiti. As many of your know, it is a nation close to my heart. I had the privilege of going to spend a week there in 2005 (pre-Lilly), staying briefly in Port au Prince, visiting a hospital in Leogone, and spending the bulk of the time in the amazing mountain town of Fondwa where my dear friends David & Jamalyn WIlliamson were living for their two years there as missionaries with Family Health Ministry.

David & Jamalyn have remained close friends of mine, and I most recently visted them at their home in Indiana this summer (their daughter Margaret is Lilly's age). Both Dave & Jamalyn have remained very connected to Haiti, and Jamalyn has remained on with Family Health Ministries to coordinate their sponsorship program. They both frequently travel to Haiti, with Jamalyn taking a group to Fondwa this past Monday.

She is there with the group, and no one has heard anything from any of the contacts in Leogone or Fondwa. The people connected to FHM in Port au Prince & Jacmel have been able to get some emails out, and many of the people I know & pray for are ok, while many of the buildings are utterly destroyed. But, no word from Jamalyn. Please hold her, and all of the people in Fondwa, Leogone and all of Haiti in your prayers. Please also pray for David, who is home with their children Margaret & baby Nathan. In an email today he sounded confident that Jamalyn had things organized down there, but I know he is dying to hear from her that she is ok.
I have been staying connected today through the Family Health Ministry web page at www.familyhm.org in case you want to check for updates yourself.

The top pic is Sister Carmelle, one of the nuns who run the community center, teh school & the orphanage. Below are two other pics from my trip to Haiti then....One is Jamalyn and I in Fondwa back in 2005 as we were walking back from the orphanage one night. You can see the amazing mountains in the background that gives you a sense of the rugged and rural setting. The second is Jamalyn at the orphanage with some of the children.

No comments: