Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Happy Fourth

Had a nice fourth of July...

Friday night Lil and I "camped" on the porch. The weather was freakishly wonderful, so I figured if we were ever going to try it...that was the night. We had an air mattress, sleeping bags, a candle for a camp fire and smores made in the oven. Great baby steps towards getting us actually camping. She fell asleep quickly once I convinced her there were no lions or tigers. And...lets face it...we were on a screened in porch...mosquitos were the most viscious prey we faced. She LOVED it and was ready to do it again immediately. Mama however, was thrilled to be back in her own bed on Saturday!

Sunday was the 4th...we started with a walking 5k at Yorktown (Kendra & I walked while Coop kept the kids entertained in the battlefields). Then Lil & I headed to IHOP for breakfast, which was fun. She was covered in strawberry syrup in about 10 minutes...but at least it fit in with the color theme of the day.

Then home to decorate the trike for the neighborhood parade...a quick nap... and then the family came in time to enjoy the parade. Lilly won the blue ribbon / 1st place for bike decorating. She couldn't have cared less, but I enjoyed it. Actually...I handed her the ribbon and explained she won, and she asked "what's the prize?" She seemed disappointed when I explained the blue ribbon was the prize. Guess we'll work on that achievement for the sake of achievement concept....

Lil and I stayed up and watched the fireworks on tv that night. We watched the fireworks from the capitol, and I told her it was in DC. She said "Oh, where Maren lives! Which window is her apartment?" (meaning of the capitol building). Too cute. Anyway...enjoy the pictures!

No comments: