Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkins and Monsters
















Well...we still aren't sleeping. I mentioned that we traced it back to a book at school...this one actually.... http://www.amazon.com/Go-Away-Big-Green-Monster/dp/0316236535/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224770967&sr=8-1 So, I bought a copy at Barnes & Noble and she and I did a "project" turning each scary monster into a silly monster by gluing, taping, coloring, stickering, etc each page that we cut out of the book. Seems to be working some, but now she is just mad at me and in a bad routine since she is used to bein up a lot at night - and mad since I won't let her sleep in my bed. Additionally, part of the fear seemed to be the issue of feeling "trapped" in her crib, so we have moved onto a "big girl bed" (aka toddler bed). We did night 2 of it last night. She is doing better at going to sleep, but not very good at staying asleep. last night she (& therefore we) were up at 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 5:30 and then 6:30. About a year ago I had the stamina and conditioning to handle this sleep schedule - but not anymore! The fact that I still have a fever just stinks too. So, I am practicing patience.










Here are also some pics from our trip to the pumpkin farm last weekend with Jackson.

No comments: