Lots of Making Up to Do! Sorry - I hadn't downloaded pics from my camera in a while!
Thanksgiving was lovely - best part was Lilly falling in love with the Macy's Parade while we made lemon merengue pie just like Amelia Bedelia does!
Today was fun - we did what Lilly loves best...stay inside all day & Lil stayed in her pajamas until her bath time, and then she put on clean pajamas! We decorated for Christmas today. Took a while to clean up the house first, and then got out the trees from the attic, etc. It took me 30 some years to covert to fake trees. But, I gotta say - it is so lovely to be able to put the tree up this early and not worry about it drying out or anything. Also very nice to be able to just haul it out of the attic when I feel like decorating.
Ok - true confessions - after hauling out the boxes of ornaments, I found that not a creature was stirring - especially not the dead mouse in the trap behind where the decorations were. And, while I considered being a grown up and handling it myself, I remembered my much more mouse-hardy family will be here tomorrow, and the mouse will still be dead then. So...he is just up there wait for them. When that trap is removed - I will replace it with one of those new "no drama / no see" mouse traps that I have just bought. I think I can handle that much better!
Back to decorating - Lilly is clearly a holiday junkie like her mother.
She was really into the decorations, was singing along with the Christmas Carols (I assume she remembered the words from last year maybe???) and even ran and found her bells to jingle along and rock out to Jingle Bells.
She was excited to see ornaments she had made, and ones with her pics on it. Lets just say the bottom two boughs of the tree are very well deocrated! She LOVED "her tree" in the kitchen which she decorated all herself. While the tree isn't taller than her - all of the ornaments were on one side of the tree. So great.
Also wanted to share some pics from last weekend. Last Saturday was fun...and exhausting. Early Saturday was the annual Fun Walk Run that I have to / get to organize for my job. Its a nice event where a couple hundred folks (employees and their families and dogs) all come out, do a three mile stroll, enjoy raffle prizes, and bring food for our food drive. After the walk, we headed to breakfast with the Coopers, and then we went to see Conrad's Superbowl Football Game (CIty Wide Pee Wee Football). Unfortunately, as Lilly says, "the wrong team won" but we had a blast anyway. 
Lets just say that I totally set myself up for the utter meltdown Lilly had at 3 on the way home from the game when she was EXHAUSTED from being out in the fresh air since the crack of dawn. But, it was so worth it. Enjoy the pics of the game, and the pics of Lilly painting the Food Drive banner the night before the walk. .JPG)

1 comment:
Tried to get a little someone here to watch the M Parade but all she wanted to watch was Diago :) Sound familiar?
Post a Comment