Friday, March 23, 2007

Maybe, Maybe Not...

So I had heard a rumor yesterday that Sr. Barrios had signed off on files from Feb 2 on Wednesday, which meant that his pace had increased, as had my hope of getting out of PGN before Holy Week. So, I emailed my new lawyers to ask them, and I got their email back this morning. They said that while they don't expect it next week, there is "a slim chance" and we'll know more early next week when we can see what days he is signing off. Bless their patient souls for tolerating my neurotic emails & pestering!

The irony, of course, is that if I do get out late next week, I still won't make any progress over Semana Santa as far as having the birth mother sign off or getting a new birth certificate. But, somehow sitting still after getting OUT feels much better than sitting still while still not knowing if I am going to get OUT.

Please pray Sr. Barrios reaches into that BIG pile on his desk, grabs our file and SIGNS IT and STAMPS IT with a BIG OL' HAPPY FACE!

On a totally seperate note...our hospital had our surprise accreditation inspection this week and we did GREAT! I wasn't very involved this time like I had been in the last 2. But, I am very proud of the team I work with - they do a fantastic job!

No comments: