Saturday, March 03, 2007

Still Waiting...


No news on our case, but thought I would post the good news about my friends. They leave tomorrow to go bring Jackson home!!! By dinner time tomorrow he will be in their arms. Their emabassy appointment is Tuesday, and Thursday they come home.


I am so happy for them...of course wish I was getting to go bring Lilly home too, but I really do feel like it will be soon.


Please keep praying that the director of PGN (Senor Barrios) will sign our file off asap. Not only do I want desperately to go bring her home, but a lot of inrest seems to be bubbling back up in Guatemala and I just want to get her out of there.


Last week the Guatemalan President & sidekicks announced a "Protocol of Good Practices" calling for an immediate shut down of adoptions, no grandfathering in for children already in teh adoption process, etc etc etc. It would all be terrible if it happened. The good news is that it would violate the Guatemalan Constitution and many other laws they have on the books. But, they are trying to appease UNICEF (I used to like that organization until this whole experience) so they announced it anyway. My agency says that they don't expect a shut down, but that things are certianly more unstable than they had been. I just want that man to sign our file and LET US OUT!!!!

Prayer Requests:
1) Thanksgiving for a finalized adoption for Jackson. Please pray that they have a safe trip home and that the transition from teh foster family to knowing Kendra and Coop are his parents goes smoothly and is the least traumatic it can be for him.
2) Please pray that Mr Barrios SIGNS OUR FILE! And please pray that I keep my sanity in the process.
3) Please also pray that Lilly's heart begin to be prepared to move from the only home she has known to come to her forever home, and that the foster family be able to handle the loss of the little girl they have loved and raised since she was 2 days old.


1 comment:

Abby's Mom said...

Great pictures. SEnding my prayers as always.