Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Slow, Slow, Slow

Heard from my new lawyers yesterday, and the news was sslllloooowwww. At the pace PGN is going, it looks very doubtful that I will get out of PGN before Semana Santa (Holy Week). Then, it basically shuts down for a week, so it would be the middle of April before I could get out. That, combined with the fact that the US Embassy is moving a lot slower, means that I probably can't have Lilly home by her birthday.

But, I absolutely refuse to miss her birthday. I missed all but three weeks of her whole first year, and I won't miss that too. Hopefully I will be out of PGN and just waiting on PINK by then, so I am mentally planning to just go for her birthday and then wait it out with her in Guatemala City. I just can't stand the thought of going & giving her back again.

Of course, that whole mental plan is based on the idea that I actually get OUT this go round...which is not guaranteed...but the lawyers tell me they are pretty confident that I will.

So prayer requests...
1) Pray that Sr. Barrios signs my file asap...or even faster and that he approves us and lets us out of PGN!
2) Pray for my sanity during the wait. It is really tough.
3) Pray for Lilly, Amarillis, Michelle and me that God prepares all of our hearts for transitioning Lilly from one family to the next.

No comments: