Saturday, April 14, 2007

The View From Cloud 9 is Great!

I am still floating around in a very happy fog here on cloud 9. I am so happy and relieved that words don't even capture it.

No actual "news" to pass along. I should get an update early or middle of next week. Hopefully it will say that the birthmother has already signed off and we are submitted for a new birth certificate with her new last name...but too soon to know. Strange to think that she could be legally be my daughter and I not even know it! (She is legally mine as soon as the birth mother signs off for the 4th and final time). I am guessing our appointment at teh US Embassy will be around the week of May 14th, but I won't know for another few weeks.

That being said, I bought plane tickets anyway! As her birthday is May 11, there is just no way I was going to miss it. So, the plan is to travel on May 10th, getting there very late that night. Then, on her birthday we can have a nice lunch/birthday party with the foster family, and then I get her forever and ever! Seems wonderfully fitting to be reunited for good on her birthday. So, barring an amazingly fast birth certificate turn around & quick embassy appt, that is the plan.

Thank you so much for all of the kind words, email, notes, phone calls, etc. over the past week. This week, though already foggy in memory, will always be one of the most joyous memories in my life. She is my little Easter miracle, my little Easter Lilly....

1 comment:

Abby's Mom said...

I'm so Happy for you Carrie! Dreams do come true :)