Sunday, October 18, 2009

A few pics...

Lilly is getting excited about Halloween. She is going to be a park ranger, and is soooo excited about it. I managed to convince her we needed new "Diego Boots," as I know she wants to wear her hiking boots as part of the costume, and I also know that they are 2 sizes to small - but she would wear them anyway! So, we headed to Target this morning and found some acceptable boots that are more her size. Its been (another) cold, grey, rainy weekend, but we have had a nice time. Today we went shopping (groceries, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond...etc) and then took a nice nap and cleaned the house this evening. Her school was closed Friday, so she spent the day, and then Friday night, at her grandparents house and had a great time.

She came home early Saturday morning. Theoretically it was so we could get to soccer by 10:30, but when she got home she has ZERO interest in going back out. She wanted her house, her toys, and her mommy. I really went back and forth on what to do, but eventually we skipped soccer. I soooo want her to love it, so I am trying really hard not to push it or force it. And, she is just 3, and it isn't even a team - just a class. So, it was really no big deal. We had a nice, mellow day around the house, and then headed back up to Williamsburg in the evening. I had a fabulous evening out with my mom and my aunt at the best restaurant in town. Dad had the best looking date, but not the best dinner, as he took Lilly to "Old McDonalds" while the ladies had a slightly finer dining experience. But, it was really, really fun.

Thought I would share this pic...Lil set this scene up to play "I spy" must be something she learned at school. I just found it interesting.

Then this FABULOUS pic from a few weeks ago. This was after we went to Conrad's PeeWee football game, and Lil spent the evening rolling around in the red dirt and getting deliciously dirty. She was so happy! I have some cute cell phone pics from that night, but they aren't on this computer. So...to come in the future.

School continues to be an interesting journey. I promise more to come in the future. She is so stinkin smart...but she continues to struggle in the "good listening"/respect/following directions department. But, she and I have had a lot of conversations about it, and she is earnestly trying hard. Hmmmm.... sooo much like me it just creeps me out sometimes ;)

No comments: