Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Granny Jo - This One's For You :)

Had a BLAST at Conrad's football game tonight. Jackson brought his full gear - Miami Dolphin's jersey & helmet - and he wore his cleats! Lilly, Carleton and Jackson took turns wearing the helmet, chasing each other around the bleachers, and cheering like mad when they thought something was happening on the field.

Super Trio....

Lil & I enjoyed dinner with the Cooper Boys at IHOP (poor Ms Kendra had to work). The funniest part? At precisely 6:30 (start time of the game), Jackson pulls on his dad's arm, checks the watch and asks "Dad, where are the cheerleaders?" Hilarious.

The boys trying to catch and then tackle Lilly....

Lilly and I also spent a large chunk of the afternoon standing in line with about 1000 (not kidding) of our closest friends to get immunized for the H1N1 flu. With a confirmed case in her class, and my wacky immune system, I really wanted to get us both as immunized as I could. We literally waited about 1:40 min in line at a local Jr High where the health dept had their first free shot clinic. While long, it was actually VERY well organized, and the line kept moving. Gave me flashbacks to waiting at the US Embassy in Guatemala, where we were trapped with a strange cross section of humanity and their little children in a bizarre line. Some great example of parenting. Some not so much. Was interesting to watch Lilly watch the other family dynamics (parents yelling at kids, threatening to spank them, great kids, weird kids, bad kids, all kinds of kids, and about as many parents to match). She did amazingly well in the line...people watching mostly. And, she would definitely remind me to tell you that I winced (nurse said "jumped") at my shot, but Lil didn't even bat an eye. She declared that I wasn't a big girl. It's not like I jumped out of the chair or anything. And for the record, my "Ban Ban" (Lil's term for band aid) had lots of blood while hers had none. But, I guess sharing that pathetic excuse doesn't make me a big girl either.
And finally...Lilly posing this weekend with her Pirate Pumpkin :)

No comments: